Weathering A Storm
Steps to Help You Weather a Storm
What You Need to Know About Electric Outage Credits
Consumers Energy electric customers, who meet any of the following criteria, may qualify for a customer outage credit:
- Service interrupted for more than 120 hours (five days) during catastrophic conditions (10 percent or more of a utility's customers affected)
- Service interrupted for more than 16 hours during normal conditions
- Service interrupted more than seven times in a 12-month period
To request an electric outage credit use the online form or to request an electric outage credit application by mail call (800) 477-5050, select option 6, then press 3. Please have your account number ready. Select the option that fits your outage. An application will be mailed to you the next business day.
Once we've received your completed application, please allow at least 30 days for processing. If approved, your outage credit will be included on your energy bill.
Completing Your Application
For each outage, you will be required to provide:
- Date and estimated time power went out
- Date and estimated time power was restored
- Estimated number of hours without power
- Did you report the outage to Consumers Energy?
Radio Safety Announcements
Severe Winds Radio PSA
Thunderstorm Radio PSA
Winter Storm Radio PSA