At Consumers Energy, we’re committed to safely supplying the reliable, affordable energy needed to power businesses and warm and light homes in Michigan. This also includes operating sustainably and behaving as a solid corporate citizen.
To reaffirm our promise to deliver value, transparency to our Michigan customers, we issued our 2014 Accountability Report.
- Commitment to retiring seven coal-fired generating units by April 2016
- Reduced emissions of sulfur dioxide, nitrogen oxide and carbon by 33 percent, 40 percent and 11 percent, respectively, over the last six years
- Plans to reach the state’s 10 percent by 2015 renewable energy standard ahead of schedule
- Donation of $8 million to non-profits and Michigan communities in 2013
- Customer savings of $575 million since 2009 through Energy Efficiency programs
- Quality initiative to better serve customers including improving bill accuracy by 43 percent and increasing met customer commitments by 24 percent this year
- Average daily cost for electricity or natural gas at $3 per day for residential customers
- Employment of nearly 7,500 Michigan employees in 2013, plus 7,500 contractors
- Redoubled efforts to build and maintain a more diverse workforce
Proudly Serving Michigan for 125 Years