While Consumers Energy offers many opportunities for employee growth and development, it also recognizes the importance of a healthy work/life balance. Here are some of the programs and activities designed to help employees enjoy work, life and one another.
- Healthy Living Program — To encourage healthy lifestyle choices, the company offers incentives, workout facilities, health/exercise classes and other health-related opportunities at several company locations
- Volunteer Investment Program (VIP) — This program recognizes the importance of employee and retiree volunteerism, and helps support nonprofit organizations making a difference in their communities with grants from $100 to $500
- Educational Assistance Program — Full- and part-time employees can get reimbursed for qualified programs at approved colleges and universities
- Employee Assistance Program — This free service helps employees and their families resolve personal problems before they affect health, relationships with others or job performance
- Social and Sporting Events — Company sports tournaments include: golf, softball, bowling and pool. Employees also participate in other sporting events, social activities and fund-raising efforts
- Service Awards — To recognize your employment milestones you may choose from a variety of attractive gifts