Get Plug-in Ready
As a new owner of a plug-in electric vehicle, it’s important to become familiar with your charging options, our special PEV rate. We ask that you fill out the
Plug-in Ready Form, so one of our specialists can assist you.
Also, we have a checklist that may be used to help you ask the right questions.
Plug-In Ready Checklist
To have your home “plug-in ready” in time for your vehicle, please complete the following steps:
- Determine if you would like to charge your vehicle with Level 1 or Level 2 charging at your home.
Contact a Consumers Energy plug-in vehicle representative toll-free at (877) 904-9246 to discuss the available PEV rate or review the website for information.
- Level 1 Charging – plug into a normal, grounded, three-prong 120-volt outlet.
- Level 2 Charging – install a 240-volt charging station at your home. Level 2 charging will take half as long as Level 1 charging to charge the vehicle.
Consult a licensed electrical contractor to plan and perform the electrical work needed to complete your charging station. Electrical contractors should review Consumers Energy's Contractor Fact Sheet.
- How will the rates impact my monthly energy bill?
Prior to installation of the charging station, secure all required permits. Contact your local municipal office (city, village or township) for further information.
Have your electrical contractor install the charging station and work with Consumers Energy to complete the meter installation.
Ensure that an inspection of the charging station is performed (if required).
Charge and drive your PEV.
- What is the cost of the charging station installation?
- Is an upgrade to my home’s electrical panel required?
- Where is the best location for my charging station?
- What permit(s) would I need to install a charging station?