Consumers Energy is helping qualified customers afford and better manage their monthly energy costs with the CARE Program. CARE customers receive a monthly credit on their Consumers Energy bill as well as help with a past due balance. CARE is offered to qualified customers as part of Consumers Energy’s commitment to providing affordable energy to Michigan. Keep reading to learn more!
- Monthly CARE credit on energy charges provides an affordable monthly bill
- Outstanding past due balance at the time of enrollment will be frozen and reduced as a reward for on-time monthly payments
- Energy efficiency opportunities from the Helping Neighbors Program for free in-home services
- Current CARE customers who still qualify
must re-enroll each fall to stay in the
- The Consumers Energy account holder
or their spouse must be the person who
- Income equal to or less than 150 percent
Federal Poverty Level Guidelines (FPL)
- All applicants must have a Consumers Energy
account that is past due
- Outstanding balance must be under $3,000
- No theft or fraud on the account
Thank you for your interest in the CARE Program. Open enrollment for CARE is now closed.
We encourage you to seek assistance with your past-due bill through other available resources. Many agency programs open in October. Some of the key programs are outlined in the table below. To learn about these options and connect with agencies in your area, visit ConsumersEnergy.com/assistance or dial 2-1-1.