EMPOWER Electric Lineworker Apprentice Program—Available through Lansing Community College and Alpena Community College
In just a little more than a year, you could be ready to begin an exciting and rewarding career in an electric lineworker apprenticeship. This affordable program provides intense instruction from highly skilled journey-level lineworkers, who have many years of field experience. This pre-apprenticeship program offers hands-on classroom and field instruction directly related to working with electrical lines.
The training program includes:
- A four-day pass/fail orientation held at Marshall Training Center in Marshall, Michigan
- Physical fitness training
- Hands-on classroom and field instruction on working with electrical lines
- Ten challenging weeks of instruction covering climbing, line construction, forestry, equipment operation and applied electrical theory working with de-energized and energized conductors
- A certification in Electric Lineworking from Lansing Community College or Alpena Community College upon successful completion of the program
- Potential employment at Consumers Energy upon successful completion of the program
This unique industry-education relationship provides an unbeatable return on your investment. To learn more about the program, select a location below.
If you would like additional information, please contact us at the below: