Tree Trimming and You
What to Do if a Power Line is Down
If a tree branch or entire tree falls on an electric line:
Safety Facts about Trees and Power Lines:
Tree Health and Planting Tips
Managing Trees for Safe and Reliable Energy
What to Expect When We Trim Trees
A Forestry Planner marks trees or brush that need maintenance.
• Trees to be trimmed are marked with a blue dot.
• Trees to be cut down are marked with a blue X. If outside the easement they will be marked with a blue A.
• Brush to be cleared may be marked with a blue slash ( / ).
We assign qualified tree-trimming contractors.
Here’s how we handle clean-up.
• On lawns brush is usually chipped. Larger wood is cut into pieces and left onsite.
• In unmaintained areas brush is either piled in windrows (creating habitat for wildlife and suppressing future tree growth) or mulched and scattered within the easement area.
• If trees are cut down, stumps are cut as close to the ground as possible and treated with a herbicide to prevent regrowth.
• Following storms, trees and limbs may be cleared so crews can make repairs to electric service. In this case wood, limbs and debris are all left on-site.
Other Ways We Manage Vegetation
Frequently Asked Questions
The marks mean one of our Forestry personnel has identified tree and brush work that need to be performed.
Contact Our Tree Management Team