1. If I'm late on a bill, Consumers Energy will demand immediate payment over the phone.
2. If I don't pay my energy bill, my power could be shut off within 24 hours.
3. Consumers Energy employees will ask for my credit or debit card number over the phone.
4. If I'm falling behind on payments, I should send a wire transfer or gift card to make up the payment.
5. If my caller ID says Consumers Energy, I can feel confident sharing personal information, including my birthday, Social Security Number and banking information.