For many, the coronavirus pandemic is more than just a disruption to daily life.
Supporting your household
We are ensuring our most vulnerable residential customers have the services they need.
We encourage any customer who needs help paying their energy bill to call us at 1-800-477-5050 to discuss their assistance options.
- The Food Bank Council of Michigan fills gaps where schools are unable to provide food for children and those who need food for their families but cannot work due to COVID-19; as well as produce 5,000 quarantine boxes for isolated and home-bound senior citizens, each containing a 7-day supply of nutritionally-balanced, shelf-stable food.
- Michigan State University develop an innovative process to decontaminate personal protection masks, alleviating the shortage of safety equipment for health care professionals.
- Michigan small businesses, particularly female and minority-owned businesses, succeed by providing grants to nine organizations. Grant recipients will provide funding directly to small businesses in their communities.
- The Michigan Association of United Ways support the Michigan 211 system and United Way organizations across Michigan deploying emergency response activities in local communities, including ensuring sustainability to nonprofits so the organizations can continue addressing basic needs.
- Community Foundations across Michigan support local partnerships, front line nonprofits, United Ways and others addressing the needs within their communities.
- Match any Consumers Energy employee donations to food banks/pantries, homeless shelters, community foundations and the United Way through May 31, 2020.