What Our New Summer Time of Use Rate Means for You
Beginning in June, you will transition to our new summer Time of Use rate, and we want you to be prepared. To help you understand what this means for you, we've created a new, personalized bill impact tool based on your summer 2018 electric use. This tool is available online and will help you see how small changes in your routine can make a big impact on your bill.
Our new summer Time of Use rate is part of a statewide effort to reduce energy use when demand is highest – on summer weekdays between 2 p.m. and 7 p.m. With this new rate, when you use energy is just as important as how much you use. By shifting your energy use outside the hours of peak demand you could lower your bill.
Carbon monoxide (CO) is an odorless, colorless and tasteless gas. And although we can’t see it, carbon monoxide can be deadly. Keep your family safe by preventing exposure and knowing the signs of this possible hazard.
Preventing Carbon Monoxide Poisoning
Use CO alarms. Place a CO alarm on every floor of your house, especially near any room where people sleep. If the alarm goes off, leave your home immediately and call 9-1-1. Seek prompt medical attention if you suspect CO poisoning and are feeling dizzy, light-headed or nauseous
Check the batteries. Check or replace the batteries in your alarms when you change the time on your clocks each spring and fall
Get appliances serviced. Have your heating system, water heater and any other gas, oil, wood or coal-burning appliances serviced by a qualified technician every year
Don’t leave vehicles idling. If your garage is attached to your home, don’t leave your car or truck idling inside—even if the garage door is open
Preventing CO Poisoning During a Power Outage
Never use a generator, charcoal grill, camp stove, or other gasoline, kerosene, propane or charcoal-burning device inside your home, basement, garage or near a window
Don’t burn anything in a stove or fireplace that isn’t vented to the outside air
If you suspect CO poisoning and you or anyone in your family is experiencing dizziness, nausea, lightheadedness, vomiting, headache or confusion, leave your home immediately, call 9-1-1 for medical attention and stay out of the house until the problem has been corrected.