We work to keep you safe around natural gas and electricity — two key sources of power and heat in Michigan.
Carbon monoxide (CO) is an odorless, colorless, tasteless gas that can be deadly. The best way to protect your family is to place a carbon monoxide detector in every room where people sleep.
IMPORTANT: If the CO detector sounds, leave your home immediately and call 9-1-1. Seek prompt medical attention if you suspect CO poisoning and are feeling dizzy, light-headed, or nauseous.
Prevent Carbon Monoxide Poisoning During a Power Outage
If you suspect CO poisoning and you or anyone in your family are experiencing dizziness, nausea, lightheadedness, vomiting, headache and confusion, you should immediately:
Preventing Carbon Monoxide Poisoning
Read more about important safety messages and brochures.Learn More Learn More