Several things could be happening:
* There may be trouble only on your section of the power line.
* Your neighbors may be on a different supply line.
* The outage may be isolated to one fuse or transformer.
* The problem may be on the service line to your home.
* Your neighbors may even have a backup generator that turned on when the power went out.
If all your neighbors have power and you still don't, check your breaker box for a tripped circuit or blown fuse. If you are without power and have not already done so, please Report your Outage.