Charging an electric vehicle is simple, safe and stress-free. It’s as easy as plugging and unplugging a charging cord, and can be done at home or on the go.
An easy, cost-effective option is to charge your electric vehicle at home in your driveway or garage. There are two levels for at-home charging:
- Comes with the purchase of an electric vehicle.
- Uses standard three-prong, 120-volt house outlets.
- Many electric vehicles can be fully charged overnight using Level 1. This is dependent on vehicle type, battery capacity and driving habits.
- Chargers can be purchased through auto dealers or online through many sources.
- Typically requires installation in one’s garage by an electrician.
- Uses 240-volt circuits similar to what is used for a central air conditioning system, electric stove or electric clothes dryer.
- Level 2 charging usually takes half the time of Level 1 dependent on the vehicle and charging station.
We even offer lower rates for customers who charge their electric vehicle overnight during off-peak periods.
Help us preserve the planet for generations to come. Charge your vehicle with renewable energy by subscribing to Solar Gardens or the Green Generation Program.